Step intervals – even centimetric- are user selected.
The most authoritative lithographic and stratigraphic interpretation methods are used, both the more traditional ( Begemann e Schmertmann) and the more recent (Robertson, Douglas-Olsen, Koester etc.) with standard or “normalized” values for qc & fs.
Stratigraphic interpretation may be performed either automatically or at user selection based on site experience. Electronic data gathering unit outputs can be input directly to the program. The program provides the facility to calculate directly bearing capacity parameters for surface or deep foundations.
A database of the more common instruments in use is included:
DEEP DRILL, CPT SUNDA DOLMEN ELECTRONIC, GOUDA, PAGANI, Dynastar Tecnotest, WISSA, V.D. BERG (CPT HYSON 200 kn VAN DEN BERG, CPT HYSON 100 kN VAN DEN BERG, CPT HYSON 100 kN VAN DEN BERG, CPT MINI CRAWLER 100 kN VAN DEN BERG, CPT MIDI CRAWLER VAN DEN BERG), FUGRO F5CW/V, TECNO PENTA , Piezocones, Seismic module for S-CPTu tests.
however any other type of equipment may be added and/or existing one removed.
DATA INPUT AND LAYER MANAGEMENT
Diagrams of tip and lateral resistance develop progressively in response to user entry of tip and side resistance readings. Data input may also occur utilizing the electronic data collection device on the instrument.
Stratigraphy can be produced automatically according to the lithologic interpretations of classical authors:
• Begemann (1965)
• Schmertmann (1969-1978)
• Searle (1979)
• Douglas & Olsen (1981)
• Robertson (1983)
• Robertson (1986)
According to more recent authoritative ones in the field of research, or according to personal criteria acquired by the user as fruit of experience.
Data input from instrument electronic data collection device.
The following geotechnic values are calculated:
• Angle of friction
• Volume weight
• Total and effective lithostatic load on the average layer level
• Relative density Dr
• Compaction grade
• Average Nspt value
• Shear stress strain modulus
• Undrained cohesion
• Vertical permeability
• Lateral pressure – Ko Coeff.
• OCR Over consolidation Ratio
• Compression index Cc
• Coefficient of consolidation Cv
• Compressibility factor on the load graph Cm
• Average Compressibility factor on the load graph Crm
• Confined consolidation (edometric) modulus compressibility
• Young’s modulus (E25 – E50)
• Undrained Stress strain modulus Eu for cohesive soils
• Cohesion and drained friction for cohesive terrains (Erminier’s method)